+-

+-User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Author Topic: Smiling Instead of Speaking  (Read 309 times)

WhiteFeather

• Administrator
  • Elder/Spiritual Advisor
Smiling Instead of Speaking
« on: May 06, 2018, 08:22:54 PM »
Did you know.. that just a simple smile can be much more dynamic and powerful than speaking a thousand words?

Yes, a smile actually saved more lives than you can even imagine.

Here is a short true story of it happening..

Just was released out of the hospital after right knee surgery, was in a great deal of pain..
Did not have anyone to go to the store for me at that time to get some prescriptions filled and to acquire some much needed groceries after being in the hospital for a week.

I hobbled inside on my crutches to the grocery store after picking up my scripts, Going just on the inside of the store fussing and grunting rather loudly I thought.. I noticed a younger woman sobbing/crying with a very wet face of tears! she brushed past me and even in her condition actually asked if I needed help in any way..
I shook my head no, and smiled a warm friendly heartfelt smile back at her.. before I almost began crying for her..
A couple of weeks later, I was back at the same store, at the meat department. All of a sudden I felt these arms around me and a most gentle loving hug! I thought it must have been someone I have known.. I turned on my crutches and seen it was that young woman from the other day!
She preceded to explained that on that day, she had lost her job, her landlord put a lock on her apartment, her boyfriend dropped her for her best friend, and she was planning on taking her own life that very afternoon.. So, when she came by me, seeing my pain and trouble, but I had such a sweet smile for her in spite of my situation. She went to a park and sat there on a bench, taking apart piece by piece the "why" of everything that happened to her and finally decided that instead of giving in to taking her life, she would fight back! She went to her landlord had a long talk and got her place back for one more week to get on her feet. She went the very next day after saying a prayer for help.. she got a new job that very day! she worked that week, and got enough money for her landlord! Then, a friend from past showed up, and they sparked a new relationship..
Things started to really look up for her again! but she said, the smile I gave her and seeing me as I was, made her realize she was not alone and things were not as bad as they seemed!
"We are not Human Beings having a Spiritual Experience, we are Spiritual Beings having a Human experience"